Note: This recipe uses my Rocket Pesto. Timings are for an al dente texture, so cook for a few more minutes if you prefer a softer texture. It serves 4 for a main meal, or 3 hungry gardeners.
1 Tbspn oil, 1 Tbspn butter
1 small onion
2 bay leaves
20g dried mushrooms
Large bunch of silene
1 & 1/2 mushroom stockcubes, made into about 750ml stock
2 Tbspns Rocket Pesto
3 Tbspns ricotta
1. Soak the mushrooms in hot stock for 10-20 minutes while you complete step #2.
2. Dice then fry the onion in butter and oil over a medium heat until soft.
3. Add the bay leaves and orzo, and stir for a minute to coat the orzo.
4. Add about half of the hot stock and all the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 4 minutes.
6. Add the silene, stir several times to wilt, then add the pesto and ricotta.
7. Serve topped with grated parmesan and some salad leaves.