Approx. 900g pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlics, peeled and crushed
2 sticks celery, chopped
1 bulb fennel, finely chopped
2 tspns dried marjoram
1/2 tspn celery seeds
1 pint good quality chicken stock
1 cup cooked grains or chickpeas
some creme fraiche to serve, if desired
1. Brown the pork ribs over a medium-high heat. Remove from pan.
2. Gently saute the onion for 10 mins.
3. Add the garlic and saute for a further 1-2 mins.
4. Add the remaining vegetables, herbs, pork ribs and chicken stock.
5. Bring to the boil very briefly, then place in the oven at a low temperature (110-140).
6. Cook for minimum 2 hours, up to 4.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning (especially salt and herbs), then add cooked grains/chickpeas, if you'd like a thicker, soupy-stew. Add some creme fraiche if you'd like a richer dish.
8. Serve with buttered bread and some fresh peas and beans.